Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hip Hop Baby



My time at home with Maddie is winding down quickly. While part of me is looking forward to going back to work, I'm really going to miss spending my days with our precious little girl. She is learning so many new things each day and I hate to miss that.

Obviously, Maddie is now enjoying her baths. She loves to splash with her bath toys.

She has also become quite the little singer and dancer - hip hop, not ballet. When I rock her and sing to her at night, she sings along. At first I thought she was just babbling, then I started noticing the higher pitches and the changes in her tone. It's the cutest thing ever.

Tuesday night we were singing and dancing to the Police's De Do Do Do. Afterward, for the rest of the evening, she kept chanting, "Do do do, da da da."

Last night, we went to see the Living Word, an Easter production at our church. Grandma Jo and Edna went with us. Maddie sang and danced with all the songs in the first half of the production. She fell asleep the second half.

Doug has been gone for a little more than a week. He comes home on Friday - not soon enough. He is missing his little girl tremendously. We skype with him every day but it's just not the same. We miss you and can't wait to see you tomorrow, Daddy!

2 comments:

The Elias Family said...

Sounds like you have a star on your hands!. Kya can be her back-up chick.

Lisa said...

How cute...you gotta get that singing on video!