Monday, January 19, 2009

The Nursery Set Up... Now All We Need Is Maddie!

It's been a busy few weeks.... cleaning, organizing, and cleaning some more. I'm happy to report that the nursery is, for the most part, done. Thanks to Susan for the beautiful crib! She and I had a blast putting it together. Furniture assembly doesn't stress her nearly as much as it does Doug!! :)
There are a lot of great memories associated with some of the pieces in this nursery. My dad made the dresser in the corner for my mom just before I was born. As a kid, we stored anything and everything in it. I'm thrilled to be able to use it for Maddie. It holds a LOT of stuff! The glider was my grandmother's. She was my height and it fits me perfectly. I used to play with the little kid's chair at Grandpa Graber's house when I was a kid. We are looking forward to making many more beautiful memories with Maddie and hope that someday she can share some of them with her children.
Grandma Karen (Doug's mom) made the adorable quilt hanging on the front of the crib.
When we first started this journey, Amanda Gerard made these beautiful Chinese characters for us. The one on the left is "Safety" and the middle one is "Peace". We continue to pray for Maddie's peace and safety every day. We have waited four years to frame these. Thanks Amanda!!

Doug and I cannot wait to curl up with Maddie in this cozy corner and read lots of books.

To ease the transition once we get home, Maddie will sleep in our room for awhile. This crib also holds some sentimental value - my dad and his brothers and sisters slept in it when they were babies.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks beautiful. Man, I better get on that too. I have had a hard time believing it is actually happening!

The Elias Family said...

The nursery looks really pretty and cozy. Stellar job putting the crib together girls. We know it's a pain, cause we have the same crib.